SAMPI SM Series rotary motion positive displacement (PD) meters offer the best in measurement accuracy for custody transfer of petroleum products, aviation fuels and some industrial liquids.
SAMPI meters present a unique design, almost nullifying the stream shear action, balancing pressures in the meter chamber, ensuring an insignificant pressure drop through the meter. SAMPI meter consists of a housing in which three synchronized rotors turn with no metal-to-metal contact neither between them nor with the housing internal surface, preventing the internal parts from wear, which results in a long lifetime.
The hydraulic sealing is accomplished by a stationary boundary layer of liquid, not by the wiping action of mechanical parts.
- High accuracy and repeatability.
- Low pressure drop: the meter will work accurately both by gravity or under pump pressure.
- Sustained accuracy: no wear from metal-to-metal contact inside the measuring chamber means almost no accuracy loss over time, fewer recalibrations, and longer lifetime. SM series meters comply with MID (European W&M standard) and other International Weight and Measures accuracy requirements.
- Weights & Measures approval (world-wide) for custody transfer with mechanical or electronic registration systems meeting API standards.
- Designed and approved for ATEX Zone 1 Standard.
- Wide temperature range: products can be metered accurately from -25°C to +55°C).
- Maximum adaptability: the right-angle design provides unequalled mounting flexibility to meet your installation requirements.
- Rated to 150 PSI/10.5 bar for fuels and industrial liquids.
- Meter and rotors: Cast aluminium (or AISI 316 for class 8 M7 meter).
- Internal components: aluminium, Ni-Resist, stainless steel, iron.
- Seal materials: NBR, FKM, PTFE.
A SAMPI brand Gravity Metering Set called SM50G for retail truck application is also part of SM series meters. This is a system to be used uniquely with SAMPI TEX flow computer
Sizes: 1″ 1/2 up to 4″.
Flow Rates: 25 l/min up to 1700 l/min (7 GPM up to 449 GPM).
End Connections: ANSI Flanged, NPT, BSPT, Slip Weld.
- Cast Case: 10 & 25 bar (150 & 350 PSI) non-shock working pressure.
Accuracy (Mechanical Registration):
- Capable of ±0.22% over a 10:1 range.
Repeatability (Mechanical Registration):
- 0.05% (±0.025%) of reading over entire range
|MODEL||FLANGE SIZE||MAX NOM. FLOW RATE|
|SM5||1″1/2 or 2″||250 l/min (66 GPM)|
|SM7||2″ or 1″1/2||500 l/min (132 GPM)|
|SM15||3″ or 2″||1000 l/min (265 GPM)|
|SM30||4″ or 3″||1700 l/min (450 GPM)|
|SM50 Gravity||4”||1300 l/min (343 GPM)|